Friday, December 19, 2008

A Snow Run

Was not sure how much I could run tooday because of impending snow storm. But was pleasantly surprised when my boss said we had to leave at 2pm.

He did not get many arguments from the skeleton crew that was there. I got home and there there was less than an inch of snow. Today I had a bagel b4 I left work, so just needed to change and lace em up.

Felt much better today for I ran 5.5 miles in 45minutes. Was not sure how far I would go so I had a gatorade with me. But felling so good I stopped at the store and brought another. I continued on and the snow was starting to pile up. I headed down thru Wilmington then into Burlington by now had to get off the sidewalks and into the streets at least by now there was little traffic. Headed back to Billerica did about 12 miles in just under 2 hours.

That last few miles was into a noreaster. There was almost 6"of snow when I got home. Not sure when I will do that again. But was glad with the effort.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment