Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday is for Track (This week on the Mills)

Not sure what to make of today's workout. I broke two treadmills at BSC not sure but that cannot be a good sign. The first one went dead after 2 mile warmup. Was 3 minutes into a 5 minute run at 8.5 mph and poof the lights went out on the damn thing. So I jump on the one next to it and I start todoanothe 5 minute and get finished with that ant some error message came up.

Now I was tempted to trash the whole workout but realized to suck it up and try a different model. And as they say 3rd time was a charm.

Here is the workout as it was sent by the Professor:

1. 2.5 mile warm-up
2. 5 min steady then 3 min jog
3. 4x2 min at 5k pace then 1 min jog
4. 3 min jog
5. 6x1 min at faster pace then 30 sec jog
6. 3 min jog
7. 6x30 sec at even faster pace then 1 min jog
8. 2.5 mile cool down

Well needless to say with the 2 broken treadmills this did not go as I had planned to get to 10mph by the end, but had to settle for just over 9 I was sucking wind. What little those 2 tiny fans could. Also my hamsting was on the verge would almost cramp so I had to back off or risk not being able to run next week when we are back at Andover High.

The total milage was just over 10 in 88 minutes the cool down was real slow as was very tight and just wanted to get loose.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment