Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Long Run

This morning decided to run in Arlington, MA. I read in the Boston Globe that it is plowed from Alewife T station in Cambridge to Bedford. So I parked at the Lexington -Arlington line and went south to the station. It was a nice run into a strong wind and light flurries. I did the 5 miles in about 45 minutes.
I went into the station to use a 5 star facility.(I'll explain that in a later post.)
I pick up a power bar and energy drink.
I headed back north at 10am towards Lexington doing a couple of 8 min/mile. Was horrified when I got to the town of Lexington and it was not plowed and had to resort to plan B(run on Mass. Ave.). I went to a store picked up a drink at mile 3(13 miles into run). It was now after 11am I got to the turn around picture above at 11:30am.
I snapped a few pictures lost a glove found glove after 5 minute search.
I headed south back towards Arlington. Got back at noon. So 20 miles in 3 hours not bad considering I was going back into the wind was getting hit by cars 3 mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment