Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Fosty's Dash for a Cure


Well I finally got back to some running today after by far my least productive week.

The scene was Atkinson Country Club for The 4th Annual Frosty's Dash for a Cure.

I have been under the weather and not been running since Tuesday(even spent 1/2 day at the ER nothing serious just had to have some tests to make sure), so after seeing this race was going to be my best chance to get a snowshoe race under my belt. So at 8am I made my way to Atkinson NH which is just north of Haverhill, MA where I ran last Sunday. The temperature was in the 40's when I left so was not sure what I was getting myself into.

Well I got registered and I was just about the 1st person there at 9am. So I grabbed the Dion 121 and I went to get ready.

By 10am I was out on the course and did the 5k course that we would be running at 11:15am. I took it real slow at the beginning but went the distance in about 40minutes with a stop to eat and take the above picture and enjoy the day.

Made the mistake of going back inside but did not want to stay outside in my now soaking wet feet. So I made some clothing adjustments and headed back out to just make the start. The winner was Jim Johnson and can read his winning ways here.

I finished 30th place overall in 33:11. Results. Not bad considering my week. I was running behind one of the coaches for Trifury her name is Sharon Johnson but she took a spill about 1 mile in so I was able to pass her she ended up right behind me in 31st, winning her age group so I think I did OK.

MM2

No comments:

Post a Comment