Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday - Feeling Better

It has been a tough 10 days or so of not too much in the way of a quality workout.
Tuesdays track was good to get back to running with no pain in the hamstring. the workout was a simple one. The workout: (track I run at is 11 laps to the mile)

1. Warm-up 3 miles.
2. 12x3 laps at 38/36/34.
3. 1/2 lap walk and 1 lap jog after every 3 laps.
4. 1 mile in 9:00 cool down.

9 miles in 80 minutes of running.

I did have to modify my workout as Group C workout was 36/34/32 or tad faster.
This being my first speed workout in 3 weeks and the last time I went that fast is when I hurt my hamstring. So I was not going to do that speed until it gets warmer.

Wednesday I had a late night of work and had to go to meet some friends until 9pm.
Decided to play it safe and take a rest day.

Today was back to BSC for my first workout there in almost 2 weeks. I started in the weight room for an hour of mostly light weights and core. Then I hit the StairMaster for an encouraging 6.2 miles in 42 minutes, then the mill for an easy 5 in 44 minutes. Was feeling pretty good so I went to the pool for 40 laps in 25 minutes.

It was the best I have felt in about a month. There is the 1/2 marathon in Hampton Beach this weekend that I have my eye on if things go well.

MM2

No comments:

Post a Comment