Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Jones Group Realtors 10 Mile Road Race


Today was a long day that was supposed to include a long run.
I started at 6am meeting with some friends before going to meet my teammates in Chelmsford, MA to carpool to Amherst, MA.

I was the first to arrive followed closely by George and Henry.
Off we headed to Jones Group Realtors 10 Mile Road Race.
We arrived at 9:30 got our numbers and I did 3 miles as I was looking to do 16-18. But the hamstring was not quite right so I re wrapped the leg and decided to take some Vitamin I for the expected pain.

The race went off just after 11 luckily there was a gun blast as there were no instructions heard. This was a rather hilly course but was not as bad as I feared.

My splits were 8:20, 7:55, 7:50, 9:10(only real tough hill), 7:50, 7:45, 7:40, 7:45, 7:50, last mile(had to be wrong) 7:22 to finished in 1:19:17 for a 7:56/mile pace and a PR by over 10 minutes. And the conditions were ice covered dirt roads in spots mile 4-6 especially. But the weather stayed dry until about noon and was mostly light until I finished.

Patrick Tarpy won in 49:51. Results.

There were no pictures(found this one from Robyn Pringle whose husband Roger ran his first ever 10 mile race) because I did not take any not realizing it until 1/2 way back home. The ride back was quite interesting as the rain changed to snow as we climbed out of the valley we were in. The surrounding hills were snow covered and slick. Many cars off the road until we got to past Fitchburg, MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment