Monday, March 30, 2009

Ashland to Boston



On Saturday it was a picture perfect to run so I headed out to Hopkinton there were hundreds of others with the same idea as there was a steady stream of runners from the start all the way in as I drove the course until Heartbreak Hill.

I park near the train station in Newton and headed out to Ashland. I got to the above sign about near 11:50 am by this time there were only a handful of runners.

I made it to Wellesly Free Library, just after 10 miles for me, in 90 min. I had a quart of Gatorade for my water stop. On to Newton and the "Hill" and made it to the sign that welcomes you to Boston in under 3 hours. I went as far as Cleavand Circle then back to the car in just under 4 hours in total the loop not bad considering the 2 breaks and getting lost on the way back to car added at least 1 mile to my 24 mile planned run.

MM2

No comments:

Post a Comment