Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday New Bedford 1/2 Marathon






Have to thank Jim Johnson, who did not race today because of injury, for all pictures of me from New Bedford. He sent them with a note that I was over dressed. I was just happy to be running it at all as our driver of car pool was no where to be found 20 minutes before race and he strolls back to car and he says whats the hurry we got hour+. He did not spring ahead his running watch. Doh.

The race for me was OK as still nursing a slight hamstring and tender knee from last weeks 60 miles. Splits were 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 8, 7:45,7:45, 7:45, 7:45, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8:25 for last 1.1 for a time of 1:43:25, 15 minutes 1 second better than last year. I was 845/1951 runners,89/157 in my age group.

The race was won by the PAT TARPY the same winner as the 10 miler last month at the Jones in Amherst.

The good news for me was able to "win" carpool race so to speak as I beat my 2 fellow group C runners: I caught George at final hill was somewhat surprised since his prerace estimate was 1:35 whereas mine was 1:45. Jeff was never in the running as he pulled his hamstring doing track less than 2 weeks ago (He did it the same way I did trying to do fast laps on that tiny indoor oval at AHS).

Afterwards ate and headed back to Andover. Picked up car and rested until went to BSC for a swin workout at 8pm did 1.5 miles in 55 minutes.

Then when I got home did something that really might come back and bite me as I signed up for the Mount Washington Lottery. I must still be on that high, I am going to have nightmares about: "it is only 1 hill".

MM2

1 comment:

  1. Scotty Graham said it best... 'Forecast for Mt. Washington... Pain. Heavy at times.' :)

    ReplyDelete