Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lots of miles this week

Today was beautiful near 60 degrees so I headed out in shorts to Lowell and did the 10.1 mile loop from the Baystate marathon twice 2:50. Started first 5 miles in 40 min. next 5 in 41, next 5 in 45 next 3 in 24 and stopped for a pit stop at 18 miles in 2:30 and slow jog after the pit stop to bring it home.

Friday did a swim for 2 miles in 1:15. Strength training, then did 11 miles on the StairMaster in 92min.

Thursday did a swim for 1 mile in 40 min., bike 1:10 for 22 miles, jog 2 miles in 20.

Wednesday got a quick strength train then 6 miles in 45 minutes.

Tuesday I did the speed workout on the treadmill to lessen the chance for injury.
I found a good workout online from runners world which had me doing 3x 2 mile repeats with 1/2 mile jog in between, I started at 8min/mile for the first set and got down to 7:30/mile for the final set and the best thing was there was very little pain in any parts of my legs. 10 miles in 80 minutes.

I am almost to 50 miles already this week and there is a hosted run tomorrow in Salem, NH. I am planning on going if I can bet up early enough with the DST starting tonight and losing an hour. Oh well it will be great having sunshine till 7pm time to get the bike out of mothballs.

MM2

No comments:

Post a Comment