Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Claddagh Pub 4-Mile Classic Road Race

Got to this race today with about 1 hour to start.
Grabbed a # and shirt and went back to car trying to figure out what to where on both my feet and shirt, as it had started snowing on the way to Lawrence. I decided against racing flats after my pains of last weeks race and went with the NB 903. I went with a sweatshirt over 3 layers just to be safe as no way was going to break 30 min.today.

I got to the start after 1 mile jog to start and the race went off promptly at 11am. I started 1/2 way back seeding myself where I usually do but was surrounded by way too many people of different racing abilities. Which got me to the first mile in 8:30. The second mile is up 2 hills the first is easy enough but the second just before mile 2 was snow covered and a little slick. Mile 2 was another 8:30 at least there was reason for that one the next mile was all down hill in 7 flat(flying for me) and finished with a 7:19 last mile for a 31:19 for a 109th place finish out of a field of 742. Results
Mario Faraioli beat Jim Johnson by 1 second.

The picture here is at the Pub with Jim J on the left and Michael Quintal on the right of the winner. I did not know Michael and asked him if was DD he took it as a compliment but my appologies to both. He said the time for this race was about the same as last week thru 4 miles so I do not feel so bad about my time as last week was over 33 thru 4.

I did get a 2 mile cooldown in to bring the weekly total over 50.

MM2

No comments:

Post a Comment