Friday, January 16, 2009

Last few days wrap up

It has been a long week training for what now will be My First Boston Marathon.

Wednesday I had a meeting run until 8pm. So I went to BSC for a quick workout but did ride the bike for 45 minutes it was going to be less but the Celtic game was good. Did 15 miles.

Thursday back into the water for a very long 1 mile had no energy but got tru it.Hit the dreadmill and did 10 miles in 82 minutes even had the grade at 1 for the first 6 miles at the suggestion of a teammate kept pace at or below 8min/mile for 8 of the 10 miles. The only drawback was I forgot my running shoes and ran in my lightweight trail shoes and got a huge blister.

Friday started with nautilus for 1 hour then did stairs for 72 min said I did 9+ miles and some 450 flights felt like more but will call it 9. Then I felt like doing some swimming and that was not a good idea after 1/2 mile I cramped up thought I was going to drown, but got hold of the lane rope and pulled myself in. Then I went into the whirlpool another bonehead move I thought this would help my cramp it did get rid of my calf but then my quad tightened so bad I almost fainted from the pain. Note to self do not do that again. Anyway live and learn.

Not sure about the weekend with snow for Sunday again. I am thinking of giving snowshoeing a try not sure if I should as my knees already have been bothering me this week. Also suppose to go to a hosted run in North Andover on Sunday they are always fun but not sure of the weather.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment