Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Swim and Cross Training

Today went to BSC twice once in the morning to pump some iron and see how the hammy was doing. It was painful anytime I went above 6 mph, so I backed off after 2 miles in about 25 minutes. Hit the bike for 40 minutes and an easy 12 miles.

Went to several stores and then back at 6pm for another 1.25 mile swim not too bad, 3 miles swam last 2 days. The reason I went back as I am scheduled for 15 miles tomorrow and wanted to get in the whirlpool and steam. It helped, also put a wrap on my thigh that seemed to help with the pain.

Will have to see how far I can get on the long run. It is a 5 mile loop, so I could easily cut it short if need be.

MM

2 comments:

  1. Swimming... Biking... Running... So... Is MarathonMan gonna become TriathlonMan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is considering the cartilageless knee and other assorted problems of my advancing age, you know what they say "You get older every single day".

    ReplyDelete