Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 4 Recap

On Saturday I did a run outside on the bikepath from Lexington to Cambridge and back.

The last time I did this was about 2 weeks ago, and the path was good to run on. This time there was allot of ice especially the end near Lexington. Once you get past the Arlington HS it was not too bad. Did 9 miles in 80 minutes.

Monday - 8 miles on treadmill in 70 min. swim 1.25 miles in 1 hour.
Sunday - rest
Saturday - 9 miles on bikepath in 80 min.
Friday - 5 miles on stair climber in 40 min. swim 1.5 miles in 1 hour 10 min.
Thursday - 11 miles on treadmill in 85 min. swim 1 mile in 45min.
Wednesday - rest. swim 1 mile in 50 min.
Tuesday - 9 miles at AHS in 80 min.
Total: 42 miles in just under 6 hours about 8.5 Min/mile.

That was a good week I swam almost 5 miles in my first week in the pool I just wanted to get my arms used to the motion I might try doing faster laps in the future but for now I just try to plug along doing 100 yards in 2 min.take a few breaths the do that for an hour. I used to swim 100 yards in under a minute, when I was a teenager. That was back in the 70's.

Oh well I do have some good news regarding running to Boston in April but I will wait till I get confirmation lets just say I sent an envelope to Hopkinton today.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment