Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Week that was mostly rest

Well I did get to track on Tuesday. I received several emails from Coach Annie telling me how to help out the hamstring, so I decided to speak to her directly.
The workout: (track I run at is 11 laps to the mile )

1. Warm-up 1 mile
2. 4x4 laps at 44 sec a lap 60 sec rest after each 4
3. 1 lap jog
4. 4 laps at 42 sec a lap 1 lap jog
5. 3 laps at 42 sec a lap 1 lap jog
6. 2 laps at 42 sec a lap 1 lap jog
7. 1 lap at 40 sec a lap 30 sec rest
8. Repeat 4-7
9. 1 mile at 7:45
10. 1 mile in 9:00 cool down

7 miles in 60 minutes not bad considering.
Annie instructed me on how to use a foam roller and I was told to take Wednesday off.

So like a good student I took Wednesday off did 5 miles after work on Thursday I did this on the road on some slippery roads so even though it was 50 minutes it was pain free and did not fall.

Friday it was back to BSC where I swam for 1.5 miles in 1 hour, nautilus 1 hour then 1.5 hours on the stair climber for 10 miles.

Today will be some core and swim.

Thanks SFrunner the weather looks better already as does the hamstring.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment